A Flash Developer Resource Site

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst 12345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Buttons in down state... little help?

fruitbeard isn't even online. you and I can finish this project up today!

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Hum...is weird... when i had everything under control, he showed up with the same solutions. Now, at this point of the project, where we need him to help with the rewind/ff buttons (thing that i'm not familiarized), he doesn't show up! Hehe. Ok, give me a few minutes and i check that code and try to apply it to what we already have. Greetings

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    What is it that you need? only rewinding? I think that might be easy my projects almost done and I started yesterday but im not using rewind buttons cause I didnt feel like it, but it loads music using xml and root folders, do you stream or you just have it in the flash file?

If you don't want my help only angels help than atleast make a function that gets the time length of the song thats playing and for every second it detects your holding down the fast forward button add +5 seconds too the time same goes for rewind -5 seconds every second the button is held.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by AS3.0; 07-19-2012 at 02:03 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Basses6 View Post
    What is it that you need? only rewinding? I think that might be easy my projects almost done and I started yesterday but im not using rewind buttons cause I didnt feel like it, but it loads music using xml and root folders, do you stream or you just have it in the flash file?

If you don't want my help only angels help than atleast make a function that gets the time length of the song thats playing and for every second it detects your holding down the fast forward button add +5 seconds too the time same goes for rewind -5 seconds every second the button is held.
    Wow Basses, your work is really good. I like your buttons and the Customize idea. What's your project about?

That looks great, can you post the working .swf?

Quote Originally Posted by Basses6 View Post

I don't mind who helps to be honest, but I would rather we all work together to achieve that result.

I think Basses is on to something. If we use an algorithm that states holding down this button adds (for FW) and subtracts (for RW) 5 seconds, then reverse the reel for RW, it should work.
    Last edited by ScotinOttawa; 07-19-2012 at 02:17 PM.

My projects not about anything, I just made it because I liked scots Idea and I was really bored, I cant post the swf yet because I still need some work, but if you want i'll upload it later when its done what do you need though? and can I get the file so I can give it a go

While nice to look at, I'm not sure the customization option is necessary for an online store. I don't think it's relevant that a consumer has the ability to change the table colour, since they're coming to purchase something that is representative by sound, not by visuals.

I' m also not sure it's a good idea to display the tapes at the top without applying labels of what they actually are, just incase someone randomly clicks an album and forgets it's been purchased. It's always a good idea to know what items have been selected all the way up to point of checkout.

I like the image style and It'll be really interesting to see the finished project.
    Last edited by ScotinOttawa; 07-19-2012 at 03:03 PM.

oh I fixed the name thing :P but I just made this for fun cause I liked your idea (for me) and for experience. Give me your file and state everything you need and i'll try to do it

(or if you want my art tell me what you need and i'll customize it to your needs without the customization and stuff
    Last edited by AS3.0; 07-19-2012 at 03:07 PM.

Basses, the .fla file is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/2300hd

the other two tape player images (for the other two tape options) are here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/97elo5

the eject button in up state is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/htt3qp

the eject button in down state is here: http://www.sendspace.com/file/v4w5ok

Also, please do not save any of the mp3 files in this project. They are all unreleased songs and the musician does not wish for them to be available other than by streaming the music via this player.
    Last edited by ScotinOttawa; 07-19-2012 at 03:21 PM.

No worries whens deadline? because UPS just came and I got my new 5 skateboards :P so im about to skate.
    also does your website use apache or any web server? this way we can load music from xml which probably keeps the music even safer if anything.

I had hoped for end of day today, since I told the client that it was just a matter of coding FF/RW, but it's not something he was expecting to use right away. Hopefully we can all work on resolving it together, since that's the last part of coding, then I just need to align the buttons and upload it on my server.

How long did it take for you to work on yours, just last night or this morning as well?

Edit: I would prefer if we used my version, since I spent a long time customizing it to the clients taste and it's almost done.
    Last edited by ScotinOttawa; 07-19-2012 at 03:32 PM.

I made mine total 5 hours "3" last night 2-3 today, its not that the codes hard, its that it needed alotttt :P, btw you are crazy to make a .fla this big :P

can you answer the question though does your website include a webserver for you to put stuff in?

oh crap what flash do you use? I can't open the file I have cs3

My hosting is through sureserver.com which is run on an Apache server, yes.

Edit: Yes the size is a bit ridiculous, but the client provided me with cd quality audio, which is why it's so large.

Ok, I'm going to go skate ill be back in around 5 hours to work on it, but I goto get flash cs5 probably, is that the same flash as you?

*The music will be in a folder on your server not in flash
    *It will use xml so you can easily edit titles and add songs without re-uploading flash
    *It will have re-wind fast-forward play, and pause rather than stop?

Give me until the end of tommorow.

I would prefer not to use pause in the place of stop, since most tape players (including the one mine is modelled off) don't have pause buttons.

Also, I'm not sure if the client uses XML...

Scot...i feel a little bad because, i'm putting great effort on this, and fruitbeard only shows up with the same solutions that mines, or to point at something on my script. You know what he has done, right? He downloaded my SWF, and decompiled it with a SWF DECOMPILER (they are not legally LEGAL, but, if we talk about stealing and respect....they are) In other words, he stole our script. And i don't want to work in the rewind and fastforward thing, for he suddenly appears with the same script or to seek defects on my script. Buy anyway, i'm working on it, I already did when you hit FF and RW, it does the job. Only rests, save the last played position so when you stop the song, and play it again, it plays at last position. Take a look is really really good

http://sofistica2.zzl.org/Yes.html

One thing Angel, if you rewind it without a tape in the player it still plays. Also, what is happening with the numbers above and a word I can't make out below? Is that part of the code? The numbers aren't necessary since the viewer will learn the song eventually and know which point it is at.

I agree, I'm not happy with the way he has appeared and disappeared by offering your script and pointing out mistakes. Fruitbeard, that is not a constructive way to help by decompiling other peoples work and pointing out mistakes. Maybe you didn't intend to do it that way, but it offended me and it offended Angel, who has given up his free time only to help, not to be called out on his scripts.

If you wish to help, the .fla and buttons are above. Help by doing in a constructive manner, not by being critical of others.

Beyond that, Angel is the only one who has done work that is viewable. It's really easy to criticize, but until you have a working .swf file, it's just words.
    Last edited by ScotinOttawa; 07-19-2012 at 04:42 PM.

Ok, i'm relax now.

The numbers above was for TESTING PURPOSES. I removed it already. And i fixed the "rewinding/fastforwarding without a tape" issue. Check it out, refresh my link

Just one last thing, it still says "rewind" to the left of the record button. Possibly text copy pasted on the stage. Other than that it's perfect!