A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Learning PHP

Learning PHP

Hello all,

I want to learn PHP but I don't know where to start. I have experience with ActionScript 3 so the basics will be not that hard to pick up (loops, switch, if/else etc). Im not sure if PHP is OOP (just as clean as ActionScript 3 or Java), but if it is, I'd like it to learn OOP PHP.

Is there someone who can recommend me a good book or some other good way to learn PHP?

Thanks.

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    My friend told me this site is the great to learn php and other stuff.

Ok thanks.

Hi Mushrambo,

sorry that I cannot really help. When I was in your situation, I started with a book (no idea what that was, but probably not in english), the php online manual and a task to solve in php. It was a rewrite of something I had done a short time before as a cgi/perl website

Musicman

Thanks for answering. I found myself a good website to understand and learn. Thanks for thinking

What site are you referring to? Part of my job now is to learn PHP so I could be more effective in my position. Is the site you are talking about is free?

I’m a web developer that is doing some teaching on the side. These are a set of excellent tutorials. I have been using a modified version to teach my classes.

http://devzone.zend.com/6/php-101-ph...lute-beginner/

I'm making use of the site www.sitemasters.be. Although it's all written in my main language, I guess everybody else can make a little use of it.

Thanks for sharing Fulton

hello
    I would recommend you little more information about that. When I was in your situation. I started to gain some knowledge about HTML. This is because PHP has no formatting at all, so while it can do many things that HTML can't. Thats why PHP is used in conjunction with HTML.After i learned many things on tutorials,manuals and forums.
    There are many sites available to learn php basic and they also provides useful tutorials.After i practiced all which i was learn.
    It realy work,Try it.If you have any problem about that then i will help you.
    I am affordable Web Developer Fort lauderdale and Website Designer Fort Lauderdale with 7 years experience in web design and development.

Hi there,
    Again & again I'm surprised that semi-pro or even pro people ask questions like this as it is these days as simple as! Just research - search for anything & everything. I'm myself come from an AS3 background yet had to learn reasonably well 7 languages including Php before I started AS# & FLEX2, 3 etc.

The biggest mistake I found and find always again is that people are not brought minded enough to use search provider which do not start with the Big-G, and which by the way is the upper most useless one to use as it comes up with old and over & over again the same Info which is most of the time also connected to dead Links! use something else and try country selected searches and you will in asking your questions with completely different answers I do this now for over 14 yea, but find that AOL can be of great help or even better Start Page web Search! & very good Cluster Search Provider .... and so on.
    I'm sure once you get the rush with Php you will find that this is one of the good languages to use with AS3 FLEX or Flash etc. regards aktell