A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: New Flash Project.. need some help

New Flash Project.. need some help

Hi everyone, its been a while since i've had to create anything majorly complicated in Flash, so here goes.

I've been asked to create a flash video slider.

Basically its going to allow users to upload images to a database then the video slider will generate the image slider and create a swf file for the user.

Does anyone know how to make such a thing and is there a tutorial for it? Any help would be absolutely great.

Thanks in advance.

Chris
    "All men are equal. All men, that is, who possess umbrellas."
    E.M. Forster

I can't create the application for you, but I can try and help you get started. FileReference Class is what you're looking for, for uploading images to your database, and I'm pretty sure you'll be able to create a slider which will display all the images in your database, but I'm not sure how to achieve your last request, to create a swf file for your user. Maybe give them a Unique Key or User/Pass to log into your swf file, which will then display only that user's images, and make them download your swf file?

Here is a FILEREFERENCE TUTORIAL, which I wrote some time ago, hope you find it helpful

NOTE: since flash kit forum has changed its style, other small stuff have also been modified, some for the better, while others have been completely ruined. The most important of these is the AS tags, which shows Actionscript codes in colors, which makes it easier and more cleaner to read it. Too bad the new design has made the height of those Actionscript colorized codes, very small and constant, making it very hard to read the codes. I suggest you copy all the codes and paste them somewhere else to view them as a whole, because there are lots of codes like that in my tutorial!
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Sadly I want to know the same thing. XD