A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: flv skin

flv skin

hello,

i'm using the standard as2 'ClearOverPlayMute.swf' flv skin to play a bunch of videos...

however... i'd like to prevent the scrubber from being dragable so it simply acts as an indicator of how far through
    each video i am.

So im unsure how to a) target the scrubber and b) how to disable the drag on it.

any ideas?

thanks!

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Put an instance of the FLV component on the stage. Choose your ClearOverPlayMute skin. Put an instance name of myFLV to the flv component. Put an instance of the SeekBar on the stage on top of the flv component. Put instance name mySeekBar
    Resize it to flv component's width. Put this script:
    myFLV.seekBar = mySeekBar;
    Now, enter the SeekBar movieclip and create a layer on top of all the layers, create an empty movieclip that takes 2 frames, put instancename to it myBtnand on the first frame put this script:
    myBtn.onPress=function(){

}

myBtn.onRollOver=function(){

}
    Be sure that empty movieclip covers all the Seekbar, so it won't let you drag the seekbar's handle. This is a quick way of doing what you want, but i think there is another way of deactivating Dragging actions on the seek bar's handle. Let me know
    Last edited by angelhdz; 09-29-2012 at 03:07 AM.
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries