Hi there,

I am EXTREMELY new to flash and I may come across as dumb as a brick. If you can explain things in as much detail as possible this would be highly appreciated.

Right now my flash script imports 2 other flash files and draws some rectangles (that is all it does). Here is the code for that.

(I think this is using AS3, I don't fully understand it all, much of it is copied and pasted from other sources)

Code:
var myLoader:Loader = new Loader();                     // create a new instance of the Loader class
var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest("flash1.swf"); // in this case both SWFs are in the same folder 
myLoader.load(url);                                     // load the SWF file
addChild(myLoader);                                     // add that instance to the display list, adding it to the Stage at 0,0
myLoader.x = 0;                                        // move the loaded SWF 10 pixels to the right (from the left edge)   
myLoader.y = 0;                                       // move the loaded SWF 175 pixels down from the top

var whiteSpace:MovieClip = new MovieClip();
			addChild(whiteSpace);
			whiteSpace.graphics.beginFill(0,1);
			whiteSpace.graphics.drawRect(400,0,200,800);
			whiteSpace.graphics.drawRect(-25,0,25,800);

// (optional) load a second external SWF file
var my2ndLoader:Loader = new Loader();
var url2:URLRequest = new URLRequest("ExternalSWF2.swf");
my2ndLoader.load(url2);
addChild(my2ndLoader);                                  // optionally, you could put the 2nd SWF beneath 
                                                        // the 1st by using addChildAt(my2ndLoader, 1);

// (optional) scaling of the 2nd SWF file
my2ndLoader.scaleX = 2;                                 // scale the SWF horizontally by 200%
my2ndLoader.scaleY = 2;                                 // scale the SWF vertically by 200%
Now I would like to add a global hotkey (Ctrl + k) that when pressed redirects the user to google.com (there is no purpose to this I am just trying to learn)

With a bit of research I found some code that might achieve this but haven't got it to work.

Code:
package {
   import flash.display.*;
   import flash.events.*;
   import flash.external.ExternalInterface;

public class TestMouseLeave extends Sprite
    {
    	public function TestMouseLeave()
    	{
    		// Add event listener for when the mouse LEAVES FLASH
    		addEventListener(MouseEvent.MOUSE_OUT, onMouseLeave);
    	}

private function onMouseLeave(ev:Event):void
    	{
    		var jslink = new ExternalInterface();
    		jslink.call("redirect");
    	}
    }

}
And then on the html page itself use

Code:
<script type="text/javascript" language="javascript">
    function redirect(){
    	window.location.href ='http://google.com';
    }
</script>
First: I am not sure where to put the flash code, when I put it at the top of my current script and try to compile I get an error 'Package cannot be nested'. Despite googling this error I can't quite figure out how to fix this, so I need a really good explanation of what to do considering I'm a complete newb.

Second: this script activates the redirect when the mouse pointer leaves the flash file, how can can change that to when the user press 'Ctrl + k'

Third: is this the only method/best method of redirecting the browser when a user presses 'Ctrl + k'?

Thanks in advance for any input at all.