A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Mobile Game Animations

Question Mobile Game Animations

Hi guys,

I'm a video game developer that's spent the first 10 years of my career in 3D game development, and I've held jobs in programming, 3D art, design, and as of lately, production. I've recently shifted my interests to making 2D games with Unity3D.

I understand the art pipeline for interface and in-game animations going from programs like photoshop/illustrator to flash to unity, and have done them myself, but my 2D art/animation skills simply aren't up to par with the level of quality I desire.

Given my previous work experience, I know literally hundreds of developers in almost every field of game development, except for 2D animators. I have no freaking clue where to find high quality artists that can make polished interfaces as well as 2D animations. It's been quite a while since I've visited flashkit, and granted I have yet to catch up on the thousands of pages on the forums, but this looks like a place where people are focused mostly on ActionScript and font animations.

Does anyone know if there's a "watering hole" for talented 2D artists/animators that are capable of making art similar to games such as Angry Birds, Fruit Ninja, etc.?

I know the art style isn't crazy unique or hard to pull off, but I simply cannot find many decent artists that can pull off that polished iOS 'feel'.

Thanks in advance for your help!

Zooch
    Last edited by Zooch; 10-21-2012 at 05:53 AM.