A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash text cutting off when zooming in browser

Flash text cutting off when zooming in browser

Ok, this has been stumping me for some time and somehow when I Google it I get absolutely no help which isn't common. I will be forever grateful for any help with this issue.

I have a SWF embedded in an HTML page. The SWF dynamically pulls in text from an XML file. It looks great until you start to zoom in or out of the browser window. When doing this some of the text gets cut off. Unfortunately I cannot link to it because it is a client project. Has anyone come across this before or have any ideas about how to solve it? I am thinking it is just a Flash bug but I am hoping to come up with some kind of fix.

Thanks in advance!

Hi,

Unfortunately for me you will need to attach a sample fla or at least a screen grab or a link even if you are unable to do the latter.

Found a solution for this issue and figured I would update this thread for people with similar problem in the future.

It was an issue with not having the fonts embedded in the FLA. It was using Arial font so whoever developed it probably thought it was unnecessary to embed it. Embedding the font in the FLA fixed the zoom problems.