A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why the heck won't my button Click??

Why the heck won't my button Click??

Hello All, I am a new member to this forum. I am new to Flash and to ActionScript 3.0. I am attempting to create a simple basic button. I read some tutorials and followed their instructions however, for some reason i am unable to make a button. I will show you some screenshots below:

Capture 1.PNG
    From the tools i have drawing my button.

Capture 2.PNG
    Converted the button to a symbol

Capture 3.PNG
    After converting to a symbol a empty white stage appears with four frames in the timeline above. I insert keyframes f6 in over and down. After that i then press on the scene1 icon.

Capture 6.PNG
    In the library in the upper right hand corner. I drag the black target icon onto the stage and give it an instance name.

Capture 10.PNG
    Finally i go into the actions panel edit my code. Press cntrl+enter and all that appears is a button that doesn't click and theirs nothing in the output panel.

I appreciate it if somebody can explain what i am doing wrong. If you have any questions feel free to ask.

I use flash 8 so i cant check your AS math...
    But most of this is similar, It does APPEAR from your picture "CAPTURE 2" that you only made a blank symbol and did not convert the "start button" to a symbol.

Use the black mouse pointer tool (Selection tool screen tip) and select the button. Then right click and convert to symbol.
    How can you say so much, but say so little?

X Double post - fell asleep at computer on this super comfy desk then woke up and replied again xD
    How can you say so much, but say so little?