A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Youtube video in flash website

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar

resolved [RESOLVED] Youtube video in flash website

Hello guys.

I managed to load and play videos in my full flash website using this tutorial http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfU5Hj3uKZ4.

Now, I thought everything was ok, until I tested my site in Chrome...

Then i reed the comments of the tutorial and I noticed that I was not the only one with the issue. Chrome seems to leave traces of the old shockwave flash player 11.4r31, and keep both versions, old and new, so it creates a conflict. The youtube videos wont load, either play (black movieclip instead)

I managed to fix it , going to chromelugins, removing the old shockwave flash player and now the youtube videos are loading and playing pretty good, but that works for me, but not for my visitors!!! Is not a good practice!!!!! The visitors of my page, will be disapointed when the videos not load!!! They love the easy computing/navigation, so, they won't like to do the proccess of removing the old flash player. Any workarround? Is this a chrome flaw? :/
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

a work around would be to rename your player file so all users get a new player from you and they do not have the old player and the old problem. sounds like you cleaned your internet files and it worked.
    WiiStream A Social Movie Network Version 0.1.1 Demo Testers Aproved http://wiistream.net/WiiStream.exe

Thanks for replying.

The thing is, in order to the youtube player inside my flash site to work, i have to go to chrome: plugins, and disable the chrome built in flash player C:\Users\Angel\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\Applica tion\23.0.1271.64\PepperFlash\pepflashplayer.dll
    and install the flash from adobe directly.

That fix the chrome's flaw, but for me. I don't want my site's visitors have to to this in order to watch videos on my site.

I thing there is not a workarround. I tried uninstalling chrome completely, installing a newer version, but it also comes with Built in PepperFlashPlayer. So i will have to search another way of adding youtube videos to my flash site...thanks :/
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

*SOLVED in 2014*

I never tested it on a server, only locally. It seems Google Chrome's built-in flash player Pepper Flash doesn't play the youtube videos, if the flash movie is being played locally. As I didn't have a server by the time i made this thread, I coulnd't test it server-side. Now it's working in both firefox and chrome. Thanks!

PD: Chrome is still being quilty of having its own version of flash player Pepper Flash causing a lot of issues to people.