A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: ActiveX on IE...How to remove?

Question ActiveX on IE...How to remove?

Hi guys,

i´m trying to make a total flash website combinning it with dreamweaver...but when i try to test it on my IE it always displays the ActiveX message to allow or not...well...there are a lot of websites created in flash that i visit, or with flash elements that do open normaly as any other kinda website without making IE asking for permission for ActiveX scripts....how can i make it like this too?

Thanks You!

Duarte V.

Hi,

You need to look into installing something called (WAMP or apache) or even IIS.
    These are home servers, you do not need to have it fully operational as such but is a good home testing platfrom.

Failing that, open IE (not sure which you have, go to tools-->internet options-->advanced... scroll down to security, and it should be under the title of "allow active content to run in files on my computer" and "run from CD's" ect ect, play around, wamp is good though.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

You need to look into installing something called (WAMP or apache) or even IIS.
    These are home servers, you do not need to have it fully operational as such but is a good home testing platfrom.

Failing that, open IE (not sure which you have, go to tools-->internet options-->advanced... scroll down to security, and it should be under the title of "allow active content to run in files on my computer" and "run from CD's" ect ect, play around, wamp is good though.
    hi, tkx for replying....my concern is not realy here at home, is when i upload the full website into my host...but by your words, they might have some tool to do the work where i host my website no?...i already had an website hosted in a .com domain but foolish of me, i didnt even expolered the mostly of features provided...anyway...this website went down and im creating a new one... i hope they have it!....Tkx again!