A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Multiple flash streaming webcams on single page as with WMP based webcams

Multiple flash streaming webcams on single page as with WMP based webcams

Solely for personal use on my computer i've always had many pages set up to display on a single page eight or more streaming webcams. I collate those of a similar subject on a simple HTML page (barcams, weather, traffic, town, city, local area, volcanos, beach etc. etc.).

They've always been Windows Media Player based streams. This means that one can turn on and off the sound for each and if you click on an individual cam it will open up in it's own full window.

It's always been easy to grab the url of the actual stream in order to be able to display the webcam picture by itself wihout any of the surrounding webpage associated with it, also allowing you to resize it to whatever size you wish. As mentioned, more often than not, i prefer eight streams to a page/screen.

Unfortunately at an alarming rate webcams are being switched to Flash versions all over the web, including some of my favourite ones.

1. I've managed to view the url of many of the flash cams by viewing the pages source code. However, does anyone know how to reveal the ones that are not clearly visible, possibly buried/hidden in parameter references?

2. This is the most important question, of those that i can obtain the url how do i strip the page so that, as with the Windows based ones, i access only the cam stream allowing me to insert it into a page of eight similar cams?

Sincerest thanks in advance of any assistance.

Is this really above the knowledge of everyone? No surprise it's above me lol, but wow stunned nobody on here can address the issue either as i've always been in awe of the brains on this site.