A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Total newbie - Sync scrolling text with audio?

Hybrid View

Total newbie - Sync scrolling text with audio?

Hi,

I've searched Google and Youtube for some tutorials or shared source file for something that does this. I'm new to Flash and this is my first project, it seemed like it would a good place to start.

On a website I'm going to have about 5 paragraphs of text that scrolls vertically(sort of like the Star Wars text), and there with be an MP3 that reads the text, sort of like reading along with an e-book. It doesn't need to be word for word, just starts and ends at the right time.

I've sort of gotten it to work, but it's just rough and sloppy. I've tried using the stop() on the last frame to keep them from looping but I can't get it to work.

Does anyone know of any tutorials that show how to do this? Thank you so much in advance.

If you do this in the timeline, this should be pretty straight forward.

Layer 1) Actions: create a new keyframe after the audio ends and a stop(); action
    Layer 2) Audio file (make sure you set it to Streaming and not Event)
    Layer 3) Text Paragraphs
    Convert the Text to a Symbol either Graphic or MovieClip, then tween the text from the starting position to the ending position.

When you say the stop() isnt working, what do you mean by that?

Who im i.......hmmmmm I ilike thats...__________________Employment Eligibility Verifications