A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash site editing tools

Flash site editing tools

Simply put I have inherited a flash site built using Macromedia several years ago. I have no budget for buying Adobe Flash CS6 so am wondering if anyone knows what my alternatives are for making edit changes to the site other than spending $700 with Adobe?

The site is avalondesignssalon.com if you care to see what I am going to be working on.

I need to be able to open/edit/modify and test the existing site files with this app.

I sincerely appreciate any insight and advice possible.

Thank you!
    Steve

Someone please respond

Can't believe I have had over 80 views and not 1 reply for suggestions. Have to get something accomplished so am praying someone takes a minute to offer help or suggest what I can or should use to modify an existing flash site originally built with macromedia.

My OS is Windows 7 so need something that will work on that platform.

Am very appreciative of any and all help!!!

I want to breathe under water, but I dont want to use a Snorkle or any Scuba equipment. (that is how your question sounds to me)

I think your question is not being responded to because you are asking to do something (edit flash) without using the tool (Adobe Flash).

Unless the original designer gave you the original .FLA files, you will not be able to open and edit .SWFs that are viewable on the website. If you dont have any experience using flash, you may encounter issues editing the source files. Adobe gives a 30day free trial if you want to give it a shot.

If you inherited a website that you can not maintain, I would suggest creating one you can maintain. There are several sites available for non-designers.
    http://website.1and1.com/