A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Deleting characters on input textbox like Backspace

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar

resolved [RESOLVED] Deleting characters on input textbox like Backspace

Hello people

I have this password saver i'm developing, and I made a virtual keyboard, so you type the characters with mouse clicks. The code for putting the characters in the input textbox is
    PHP Code:
    lolazo.text += "d"
    and a letter "d" is placed in the input textbox each time you click the "D" button.

Now i want to delete one character, as the BACKSPACE button does in a keyboard. I tried:
    PHP Code:
    lolazo.text  lolazo.text.slice(0lolazo.text.length=int-1); 
    but it deletes ALL the characters.

Help?
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

I "magically" fixed it by removing the int...

Weird thing, because before adding the int it removed all the characters at once, so i thought about adding the int as I reed on google. But now i removed the int and.....TADA! It works now. Thanks.

PHP Code:
        lolazo.text  lolazo.text.slice(0lolazo.text.length-1); 
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Hi Angel,

what is a password saver ?

Is a tool, to store all your accounts passwords, facebook, hotmail, etc. You enter a MASTER PASSWORD to unlock the app, then you click one of the
    buttons, and that password will be copied to the clipboard, then you paste the password on your login form. After a few seconds, the app will lock again.

The virtual keyboard is for avoiding keylogging hacks that captures keyboard input, or take a screenshot every some seconds or minutes. When you click a letter button to type, the mouse is hidden until you release the mouse button. Let me upload it so you see the beta version 1.1

ok, i will look

Here is the app, give it a look

http://sofistica2.zzl.org/passwordstest.swf

Hi,

What you have done seems ok, I personally wouldn't trust flash with passwords on it's own with decompilers around and I certainly do not rely on shared object, due to the fact it is easily deleted, passwords for me, remain firmly fixed in my head.

Good luck

Thanks for the advise, but this tool will be given as a projector, not a SWF on a server. I thought about the pros and cons and I didn't see any cons, as this will act as a Program (executable) and the passwords on the project will be just "variables". The passwords you type, goes directly into the shared object and also will be mailed to your email account. Obviously this is beta version yet, until I prove its total reliability. In the meanwhile, when you type
    the passwords, the mouse cursor is "hidden" so no keylogger when doing a screenshot can detect what characters were typed. Also it has an autolock feature, so no one who does not have the master password can unlock the tool and copy the passwords. Thanks for the advises, the good wishes, and looking at my work! Take care buddy

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    Hey this sounds like a great desktop app when handling some important stuff like bank accounts, you should expand it make it like allowed to create your own buttons that go to certain links and when theres too many buttons it adds a scroll bar. Nice app. but if its on a website I wouldn't trust it if I didnt know you. (example: random person)

Yeah!

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    check out what I posted on as2 section