Hi, so in my game I got frame rate to smoothen out more using some techniques. Problem is it wont help forever because I am planning on making the world huge so im trying to think of a good way to hide/unhide tiles.

So far I tried alphaing out tiles that are not seen by the vcam that went horrible and turned out really laggy.

Than I tried making the vcam act as a giant hit test to my tiles making them go to a blank keyframe when not in use. That didn't really help.

I found how ever that like above ^ making tiles go to empty keyframes helps ALOT, but having the constant hit test uses alot of resources.

So please I cant go to much into code because its complicated, maybe ill have too but I need some ideas from you guys. Thanks.

if nothing works I am considering having a "room like design" example: I walk to the edge of the map I am now in the next map while the other one is gone etc. I don't think splitting maps though is a good user experience because in reality having a big map you can walk around in feels way better "I think".