A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Flash username/password login using MS Access 2010 Database

Question Flash username/password login using MS Access 2010 Database

I would like some information on connecting a Flash application to an MS Access database to verify login/pw.

Here is a detailed description of what I'm wanting to do. This is for an internal system only and will not be on the web or anything like that, so we would be accessing the database locally on our network. This is for a quality management system for the company I work for. Essentially, the user will log in with their username/password (this information would be held in an Access database) and then use a barcode scanner to scan the item they're inspecting (or type model code in manually). Depending on model code, they'll get a checklist of items to inspect and check off each section as its inspected. Once they've checked all check boxes (i.e. inspected all items for that model), they'll click "finished" and it will update the database so we can track which inspectors are inspecting which items by model code and serial number to that particular order.

Mainly what I need assistance with currently is just having Flash query the database (using ASP, PHP, etc.) to verify the username/password before moving to the next scene. Once I have that, I'll be working to get the barcode scanning function working (which is essentially text input). Then once all of the content development is finished, I will be exporting the data from flash back into the Access database.

If someone could give me some tips to get started on verifying the username/pw from an Access database, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Casey

i know there are many different types of barcode scanner, i just wondering which one you used to do such a thing ?

and here is the guide for how to read barcode