A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What ? flash player is going to die ?

Angry What ? flash player is going to die ?

I just heard on adobe forums that flash player is going to die soon, adobe is going to stop releasing upgrades for flash player and html5 is going to take place of flash player.

Youtube and other video sites already implemented html5 on there website.

Please somebody tell me if its true ?

i think the adobe forums is probably pretty reliable with their information.. so if no one is debating the genuineness of that statement... then its probably true....

i suggest you follow that thread for a few weeks and see if any new info gets released.. until then.. just chill out.... if it changes, its most likely because its better... we have trusted and used adobe products for a long time... and there is always room for improvement... if we could make a rounder wheel we probably would.. so we leave those choices to the big time programmers and we just have fun with it..

if flash player will die which is the alterative solution ? will html5 play animations like html5 does ?

adobe will lose flash cs6 and online software/games market will have major loss of moving to html5!

im sure the flash player will still be active, just no more updates... so sites that rely on that will need to convert or stay with the old flash player.. i dont think it will ruin these site, and most likely.. if something is going to be replaced by something else.. it usually has the ability to do what it is its replacing...

why dont adobe sell flash player to some company either be it small or big.

probably similar reasons why its hard to find a phone these days that have chords attached to them..

over time, things become obsolete... cars are different from when they first were invented... guns too.. pretty much everything evolves into something better... and the old way is just..... well... old...
    HTML 5 has some pretty awesome features.. and if it can replace another thing we need to download and update frequently.... that would be a cool feature...

the world of coding is changing.. keep drawing on cave walls or get with the times your in...

i dont represent adobe in any way.. so i cant give you a real answer to your question.. try contacting their customer service..

I'm not sure where you heard that Flash Player is dying but based on everything I have read, Adobe has plans to keep Flash Player going with new updates for the foreseeable future. Adobe has a roadmap of Flash Player and Air updates available at http://www.adobe.com/devnet/flashpla...s/roadmap.html.

What really says that Flash Player is sticking around is the following statement from the roadmap.

Flash Player "Next"

While Adobe is working on releases for 2012, we are also modernizing the Flash runtime's code base in order to ensure that the Flash runtimes meet the needs of developers over the next five to 10 years. This work is referred to in this document as Flash Player and ActionScript "Next".

This work includes, but is not limited to, the following:
    •Refactoring and modernizing the current core Flash runtime code base
    •Work on the ActionScript virtual machine
    •Updates to the ActionScript language

The primary goal of this work is to provide a modern implementation of the core Flash runtimes and the ActionScript virtual machine in order to significantly improve script execution performance and provide a foundation on which Flash can move forward over the next decade.

Currently, initial Flash runtime releases that result from this work are planned for 2013.

Adobe plans to add support for hardware-accelerated StageVideo in Adobe AIR in a release during 2013.