Hi,
What I am trying to do is - simply load an external SWF into my AS3 code.
I then want to show it on my stage - and be able to catch the 'ROLL_OVER', 'ROLL_OUT' and 'MOUSE_CLICK' events that happen with the SWF,
meaning - I want to know when the user hovers over the loaded SWF and when he clicks on it.

If I load an external AS3 SWF - it all works fine, and I can trace the events successfully.

If I load an external AS2 SWF - in some types of AS2 banners I can catch the events, and in some - I can't.

It is important to note that I cannot control the loaded SWFs and I cannot code them in a different manner.

The way I load the external SWFs is like this:

Code:
var loader = new Loader();
loader.contentLoaderInfo.addEventListener(Event.COMPLETE,onLoaded);
loader.load(new URLRequest(externalSwfURL));

function onLoaded(evt:Event):void
{
	// The reason I don't create the MovieClip like this is because I need to support 
	// both AS2 and AS3 that will be loaded, and loaded AS2 cannot be casted to 'MovieClip'
	//var mc:MovieClip = MovieClip(evt.target.content);  

// This method allows me to load both external AS2 and AS3 SWF files
	var mc:MovieClip = new MovieClip();
	mc.addChild(loader);

// Add the events that I want to track
	mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OVER	, onMouseEnterSWF);
	mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.ROLL_OUT	, onMouseLeaveSWF);
	mc.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK	, onMouseClickSWF);

mc.x = 100;
	mc.y = 100;

stage.addChild(mc);
   }
What I have found out is that if the loaded AS2 SWF has a transparent button on top of it (a lot of them have that) -
then the mouse events aren't fired back up to my AS3 code ! They are somehow 'swallowed' inside the loaded AS2 SWF and not bubbled up.

If I try to load an AS3 SWF that has a transparent button as the top layer - it works, and still bubbles up the mouse events to my AS3 code.

Can anyone tell me why this happens ?

PS - if I load an AS2 SWF that doesn't have a transparent button as a top layer - than the mouse events ARE bubbled up to my AS3 code.

Here is a link to an AS2 SWF file that has the 'transparent button' that blocks the events from bubbling up to the AS3 code:
http://www.filedropper.com/jdatebanner-copy