dcsimg
A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Medieval Flash Sites?

Lightbulb

I have found it pretty easy to make sites/movies in Flash that look clean and modern. All you have to do is be minimalistic and/or put scanlines (well its not THAt easy, but its pretty easy ). What i wanted to know is if there are any examples of flash sites that are medieval in type. What i mean by this is not "modern sites that look old and poorly done" but cutting edge sites with a medieval tone, i.e. dragons and the like. I searched for some and all i founf was the Ultima Online Site, which has one movie which isnt that cutting edge....

i was alos trying to do a ncie "fire-blast" effect, but all i can come up with was a variation on the example of torch flame on Flash Kit, and this looks more "glowly and warm" than crispy and hot.

Any Ideas? URLs?

TIA

Midieval Site

Me and my team are currently working on our new web site Paladin Multimedia. which will probably have a midieval yet techno look to it when we have finished the layout and design. Lately I have been 3d Modeling various midieval devices and the main character for our site, "The Paladin" if you are looking for help or ideas I would be glad to help you. Our Server is in the proccess of being installed and fine tuned so you can email me at mjbadger@freewwweb.com until my pop comes on-line.

Michael Badger
    Founder
    Paladin Multimedia

Great!!

I'd be VERY interested to see what you come up with

The only REAL help i need, is the fire effect...i just cant get a BLAST right....

I wanted to look at medieval sites purely for inspiration, but the fire is actually stopping me from continuing.

Email me what you are looking for. Here is a link that was just a 2min test of some programming to get the pop up window to center some other minor things, our site will take this layout of the main page to choose a HTML or flash site and both mainsites will be in the pop up, http://www.extremegame.com/Test/test.html, you can also see a preliminary test of The Paladin.