A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: White Flash frame when moving between levels

White Flash frame when moving between levels

HI all,

This is my first post in the forum so i would like to say hi and thank you in-advance for any help!

I am building a basic application with in Flash, witch it draws video files in and moves about different 'levels' with in the application.

The problem i am having is that;

The first page is on level '0'. you then move to the next area on level '1' draw a video in (on press of a button) this load on level '2', then to close the video, on press again, the area should load on level '0', this all works fine, but on the close of the video and the old area being placed, there is a white full screen flash, like some thing is refreshing.

I managed to get rid of this but then i encountered different problem, such as the video not actually closing or the layer underneath changing to the wrong one.

I dont know if this will make much sense when reading it. I am quite new to using flash but am having alot of problems with this,

Thanks
    Elliott

You might want to use the setChildIndex method and set whatever you want them to see to the top before you remove something underneath it.

PHP Code:
    setChildIndex(myObjectparent.numChildren-1
    Above will set the object named myObject to the top
    Last edited by rynoe; 01-14-2013 at 01:49 PM. Reason: my eye fell out again
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Thanks for your help. I found a very simple bit of code that closes the layer.

Cheers