A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Device Error: Please check if there is enough space on the device

Device Error: Please check if there is enough space on the device

Hey good folks. I'm pulling my hair over this one. I have an app on the google play store: https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... r.PopSmoke . I have made a pretty hefty update to it, and I've been working mainly on my desktop, not worrying about testing it on my android phone until now.

But when I try to publish it to my Samsung Galaxy S4 i get this error message "Device error: please check if there is enough space on the device" which didnt happen before on my HTC Desire HD. So I plugged my HTC in instead and it works fine on that phone. But I can't risk publishing anything to the store without knowing why this is happening and fixing it. Does anyone have a clue why this happens? It has nothing to do with the space on my phone, or rather, 1.2 GB should be enough for a 25 MB game.

I also gave the .apk to some of my friends and they just got "Application not installed" when they tried to install it. (including me)

I'm using AIR 3.7 with Flash CS5.5. I have trolled? Google but can't find anything relevant.

Any help will be greatly appreciated Thanks

I also tried to create a new project, completely empty, and the same error still occured. Is there a log file or something I can check to actually get an error message? Thanks

maybe you actually runned out of space on device?
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Thanks for your reply, but like I said I have 1.2 GB space available, and the app is only 25 MB. So it should be fine.. There is something else going on. I have checked the xml manifest, tried creating new certificates and changed app ID, but nothing works.

wait, so adt -installApp fails, not the app itself?

maybe try posting here, with detailed infos, such as air sdk version etc. adobe folks are slowly coming back from summer vacations, and might actually be helpful.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

I had to take some affirmative action, so I uninstalled flash and deleted all Android and AIR SDK's, reinstalled a trial version of Flash Professional CC and voila it works. I'm guessing it had something to do with conflicting AIR versions or something.. but "Please check if there is enough space on the device", Adobe is trolling me!

I appreciate your feedback though I'll let the Adobe guys have a couple more days out in the sun in peace.

I gotta say, CC is prob 10x faster than CS5.5 for compiling my game, this is amazing! from about 20 sec to 2-3 secs.