Hi, I am using AS2 and I am trying to create a script for a flag based guessing game. The situation is this:

I have the Spanish flag with 4 multiple choice options of: Spain, Norway, Macedonia and Italy. These are all checkboxes. Ofcourse the answer is Spain and so when Spain is checked and a "Submit" button is pressed. I want This to trigger the visibility of one of the tick/crosses. The tick/crosses are movie clips with translucent white shapes over them that are also set as movie clips. Basically, either "mcCoverYes" (the cover for the tick) or "mcCoverNo" (the cover for the cross) will disappear depdning on whether the user gets the right answer.

I am pretty new to Flash and everything I have attempted isn't working. I tried this action script on the button but it didn't work:

Code:
on (release) {
}
if (cbSpain == true) {}
{Yes_cover_mc._visible = false;
}else{
	No_cover_mc._visible = false;
}
cbSpain is the checkbox labelled spain. Basically I am trying to say that when the button is released, if Spain is selected then the visibility of the "tick" graphic will disappear so that the tick appears in it's full colour. If cbSpain isn't selected, then the cover of the cross will be hidden to declare it as a wrong answer.

Thanks!