A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Load justin.tv channel from a flash?

Load justin.tv channel from a flash?

Hi,

im making a simple swf file. I only need it to load my justin.tv channel but its not working. This is my A3 script:

Code:
    import flash.display.MovieClip;

var Xpos:Number = 110;
    var Ypos:Number = 180;
    var swf:MovieClip;
    var myLoader:Loader = new Loader();  

var url:URLRequest = new URLRequest("http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_embed_player.swf?channel=mychannel"); 

myLoader.load(url);
    myLoader.x = Xpos;
    myLoader.y = Ypos;
    addChild(myLoader);
    when i export the movie, i get a lot of output errors, such as security violations and things like that. However, im able to load other swf movies with the exact same code. Could you please help me?

Thank you.

Hello?? Any answer please??

Here's an example from their api.
    http://apiwiki.justin.tv/mediawiki/i..._extends_Event

Hi,

thank you for your reply. I already had seen that page but im not sure i understand it quite well. I just need to create a swf file and then copy pasting that AS3 onto it?

I haven't tried it but yeah, if you paste that code in your first frame of the fla it should work.

However to actually connect to your channel you'll have to supply your api key instead of where it says YOUR_API_KEY

loader.load(new flash.net.URLRequest("http://www.justin.tv/widgets/live_api_player.swf?video_height=480&video_width=6 40&consumer_key=YOUR_API_KEY"));

It seems you need to log in to your accounts, covert it to a developers accounts and then create an application within your developers console. That should generate at key for you to use.

Thank you. Thats what i needed to know. However, im trying to get that API key and i cant find where to get it. The link on that page takes to a forbidden page. Do you know if the API key will make the flash only playable on a website defined by its creator?

Thank you.

It should play wherever you embed the swf, the api key just lets them know which developer is making the player request so they know who to ban in case of abuse.

Ah, what a crap then. Is it possible to make the playable functional only in a given domain with AS3?

Hello? any answer please?