A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Where is the android and windows 8 love?

Where is the android and windows 8 love?

As most of you folks know. I'm a musician and a bedroom producer. I see ipad app this and that for music technologies everywhere. I have no love for the ipad I much prefer android and windows 8 mobile. Yet the industry seems to ignore us.

Part of this has to do with google who have been slow to develop midi and mackie support. But the other part is hardware developers aren't thinking of their costumer base when developing apps.

Take a quick look at my wet dream mixer with the ipad
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wnRQ6kbSLKc

Granted I'm not going on the road as a sound man (I like my back too much) And my apartment isn't Daryl's House. But everytime I see something that could/would work better via windows mobile or android I find that the hardware manufactuer has gone Ipad only. Which is a slap in the face to many an android user who now gets told they have to by another mobile device.

You chose operating systems that are invariably going to be lesser supported. Developers go where the consumers are. Android hasn't really pulled in musicians as much as the artist marketed iOS and Mac crowd as well as your aforesaid reasons.

[ Hello ] | [ gerbick ] | [ Ω ]

The jury is out with that one.

I belong to a very very large active music forum. Where most users run on straight pc or bootcamp for most of thier audio production due to the limitations of mac and the limitations of software, instruments, effects that can operate only in the pc realm.

When it comes to iOS there is a limit to two effects or instruments at a time and the navigation can be time consuming and frustrating to switch between instruments and settings. There are quite a number of libraries for mac however most only toy with them on the couch. It's not something they feel comfortable using on stage or in a studio.

Granted android has been sluggish with midi support. But musicians are somewhat budget concious and would rather put more money into other gear then an iphone. More over I find it's that usually "the boss" has an iphone so everything is dedicated to the iphone.

most users run on straight pc or bootcamp for most of thier audio production due to the limitations of mac
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Isolated incident prolly using loops not vst's

http://www.kvraudio.com/forum/printv...141410&start=0