A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: scroll video left and right by dragging mouse

scroll video left and right by dragging mouse

Hi,

I'm really new to flash. I've designed websites before, but I've never used anything relating to flash (besides embedding a YouTube video ).

Is there any way in flash to emulate what you see here with a video? That's a jquery script that rotates through a number of static images as you drag the mouse over the image. What I'm curious about is if flash can do the same thing on a video. So, a video loads, and then you can drag/scroll the video back and forth in that way. Imagine in place of the bike, a video like this loaded and you can drag/scroll on it to 'rotate' it back and forth. Is something along those lines possible in flash?

Thanks.

No offence, but that effect using jquery just seems so low tech.

Flash has been doing this since 2002. At this point there are dozens of different approaches to do this in flash. Too many to mention here.

Consider looking into the new hardware accelerated capabilities.

This sample uses the mouse a bit like you ask, but much more extensively. Make sure you have flash player 11 to see this:

http://alternativaplatform.com/en/de...tro2033online/
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

As a sidenote to anyone who gets it:

How friggen stupid are those damn javascript programmers?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Yeah, that jquery effect is pretty clunky, which is why I am looking for an alternative. That demo you linked is good stuff. Thanks. I guess I'll need to figure out now where to begin with flash so that I'm able revolve video like that, but at least I know it's possible.