A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: load movie/buttons...fustrating problem!

Angry

I've asked around and I've yet to find an answer....

Ok, I have like 5 separate swfs. In my first swf, I have 4 buttons and I used "load movie" with each button linking to each of the 4 other swfs. Follow me so far?
    Now when I reached to the 2nd swf (which is in level1 I suppose), my cursor
    still indicates I have buttons there even though I don't anymore. In my 2nd swf, my movie shows I've removed all the buttons from the 1st swf, but why does my cursor
    still react that way?? This is very fustrating as I couldn't get any straight answers.
    Maybe I need to approach it in a different way???

Anyway I need somebody's help...thanks.

Lightbulb

Unless you have a particular reason for keeping the original SWF running in the background.. Why don't you try loading the new SWF movie into level 0. That way it will replace the original SWF movie, and I believe that will solve your problem.

------------------
    Scott Richards
    http://www.rjscs.com/scotty
    scotty@rjscs.com

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Your buttons are still there because the movie you loaded into level1 is just a layer over the first movie. This means that all the buttons movie clips and anything else in the original or level0 movie is still there. The best thing to do is to just have the buttons in the first movie in a Movie Clip and when one is executed have it go to a blank frame in the movie clip then when you have to go back you unload the movie out of level1 or 2 or 3 you have an action that goes back to where the buttons are visible. If you need help email me. regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Thanks guys...I will work on it and see how it goes.

I have another continuing question regarding buttons. Now if I wanted to return back to my original movie (with all the buttons), what scripts or commands do I give. I tried the same method of unloading and loading the movie, but I don't want it to start from the beginning of the movie. I want it so it returns to the "last frame and stops" in my original movie.

Much appreicated.

Senior Moderator
    Defender of the Faith

Cool

Once you have the movie in level1,2,3 etc in the state you wanted and are ready to go back all you need to do is have a button in that layer that tells the bottom layer (level0) to go to a label or frame. If you look at the code below you will see it calls to the bottom level and the frame labeled "end".

On (Release)
    Begin Tell Target ("/_level0")
    Go to and Stop ("end")
    End Tell Target
    End On

Make sure that you unload the level you are on or have it go to a blank frame just like you did level0 to make the buttons disapear. Regards, Bill

------------------
    Macromedians 1:1

In the beginning the web was without shape and color, and the hype covered the darkness of the net. Then there was a Flash and life came to the web and vision became reality.

Lightbulb

Make sure you didn't replace the movie in level 0. If you did you will have to reload it. You can stack movies on top of each other for quite some time but if you load one into a level that has a movie in it already it gets replaced.