A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Advise Needed / Sign Up Sheet

Advise Needed / Sign Up Sheet

I would like to create a simple signup sheet but due to bandwidth limitations I was recommended to create it in Flash.

What I need is simple. A user page that has a signup for fields. Name, Work Area ( a drop down would be nice ), Shift ( a drop down here also would be nice ), a date field for their company senority and a field to enter what time they want to leave.

Then a admin page where they can select a the work area and then list then names in senority order and that signed up by checking on a box next to the name and then a field where they can enter granted and a time.

A third page would be nice where the admin can also look at all the people that were granted off.

Any thoughts on the best way to achive this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

I find it odd that someone would recommended flash because of bandwidth limitations. Flash's reputation is not one for bringing down bandwidth, it's actually the other way around. I love flash but even I wouldn't recommend it reading the limited info from your post.

The simple form you mention is web design 101. Your issue may be the fact that you will need to store the information somewhere, which you cannot do with flash alone unless you are building an AIR application on a network. If it's a public website you'll need a server side language and access to a database whether you use flash or not.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]