A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Why is the arrow/subselection tool clearing the keyframe, after morphing a shape?

Unhappy Why is the arrow/subselection tool clearing the keyframe, after morphing a shape?

When I use the subselection(white arrow) tool it sometimes won't allow me to move a point i.e., morph/changing a shape, after I release the mouse instead it clears the current keyframe. The keyrame becomes empty.

Does anyone know how to stop that from happening so i can continue on changing the shape and the keyframe doesn't erase?

I have noticed the drawing tools in Flash are sometimes finicky if you are used to Illustrator. For example if you manipulating a shape with the white arrow, and cross a path, sometimes that section of the shape will disappear. Personally, i have had better luck manipulating shapes with the Black arrow tool, when you hover on a point, you can select it, and you can pull curves from straight lines (etc).

A work-around for disappearing shapes is just to have a hand on the "undo" keys control+z or command+z. I have been working on a shape, and flash does something weird one time, then I try it again and it works like I wanted it too.

I am sorry for your frustration.