A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Help!! MyVariable jumps ahead...

Help!! MyVariable jumps ahead...

Hi Everyone,

So I'm not a professional Flash programmer by any means. I'm actually doing this as a favor, but... I had this whole site laid out and was using a "myVariable" command to navigate from different menu tabs. I'm not sure what happened, but for some reason the buttons are no longer going to the labeled frame and is instead jumping ahead of that point by about 20-30 frames. I am soooo utterly confused and have tried to figure this out for hours. I'm sure I altered some setting, but I'm not sure where. I added in a PreLoader after the fact and am thinking maybe that's throwing things off? Someone pleeeease help.

I would attach file, but it's too large. I can send if anyone is willing to help.

Thanks!!!

Josh

I am not sure exactly how your file is set up, but if You were using a "gotoAndStop(myVariable)" and the variable represented a frame number, then there is a chance that when you added the pre-loader you pushed your other content down the timeline and broke your navigation.

You could avoid this by using frame Labels, so if you do add frames it will navigate to the label and you will be ok.

That is about as good as i can do without actually seeing the file.