A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Rotating Dynamic Text in Koolmoves

Rotating Dynamic Text in Koolmoves

Good Day,

I could really use someone's help. I am a newbie and am trying to rotate a dynamic text field 90 degress.. I have tried some of the posts that suggested changing the properties value on embedded to YES but I still have no luck.. Please note I am using Koolmoves as my flash tool.

Can anyone help me or guide me? Thanks.. VinnyInBrooklin..

Bob,

Thank you for your reply, I reviewed the artiicle and was able to understand the process and flow but given I am new to this I struggled with the following steps:

First, create a new font symbol in your Library by clicking on the Library menu symbol and selecting New Font. In this case, I've chosen arial as the font and given it the same name - 'arial'. Next, right-click on new 'arial' Font symbol in your Library and select Linkage. Give it a Linkage Identifier name (easiest to use the same name as the Font symbol) then click on the Export for Actionscript option and then OK.

I tried to find my way through KM and attempted to create a new symbol in the library with no luck... can you possibly point/guide in the right direction on how I can need to embed and add the new font in KM so I can execute the script.. thanks so much.

Cheers

Super Moderator
    You need to export as Flash 9 or 10 (File > Settings). Press F11 to bring up the symbol library. Select Fonts tab. Press New.