A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Button hit area problem / firefox / html5 / km 8.5

Button hit area problem / firefox / html5 / km 8.5

Hi Bob, I am posting the issues here as you requested.

I made a html5 page in koolmoves 8.5. The buttons are messed up in firefox, the link hit area is off to the left of the object i set links to.

If you check this site in firefox, you will see what i mean:

http://www.penguinfrog.com/wips/html5/

I am using the koolmoves js files.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    I am not seeing a problem. I assume you are referring to Stills, About Us, etc. buttons. They work for me. I am using Firefox 20.0.1.

hmmm, weird. They are not in the right spot for me. If i click the demo button it brings me to the about us page and stills brings to contacts. As they are all having the hit area way to the left of the image for me. I am also using firefox 20.0.1. I'll try it out on other computers. I don't know why it would be any different on mine, but with pc's who knows.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    I will check it out further. Does the problem occur with other browsers? You might experiment with the browser zoom.

Hi Bob, I can't figure this one out. I tried on my main desktop with windows 7 and had the problem. I tested on my old win xp box and the links were fine. Then I tested on my dad's desktop with win 7 and the problem happened again. Then I tested on my laptop on win 7 and the links worked fine. All firefox 20.0.1. I tried holding down ctrl and using mouse wheel to change the zoom but still had the issue, is that what you meant by zoom settings? All the computers are 64 bit except the xp. I havent had the issue with any other browsers. Thanks.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    Very mysterious indeed. It works OK for me on Opera, IE, and Firefox. I do think the hit area is a bit left shifted but it still works OK for me. It sounds like an Html5 implementation problem in Firefox.

My suggestion is to try the CreateJS export library. You will have to re-export and use different .js files. I really would prefer not spending time fixing KoolMoves export library issues if the CreateJS library works well.

If the problem also occurs with CreateJS and I can create a most simple example, I can present it to the CreateJS support team.

Hi Bob, I tried with js libraries, none of my images export All I get is blank page except for index.html, which displays the video. That's why I been using the koolmoves.
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

hi bob, so it appears the images do load, but their depth is not figured in. So the main big image I am using as a background goes in front of all the other. If I set it as a background image in movie menu in koolmoves it doesn't display at all. Here is the index.html where you can see the background image imported in then set all the way to back using change depth in koolmoves, yet it appears in front of the other images in all browsers:

http://www.penguinfrog.com/wips/html5js/
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    Thank you. I will fix it.

Super Moderator
    I fixed it. I will email you a link to a patch.

Thanks bob, that was quick. You're the best. I wont have access to my pc for 2 days so i will fix the web page then. Thanks :-)
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    I sent the fix to your countfrogula email address.

Hey Bob, got the fix, looking good! My page should go live tomorrow on my main domain.

Here's the test page now:

http://www.penguinfrog.com/wips/html5js/index.html

Thanks for doing all this. Best customer service ever. You rock!
    Dennis Borruso

www.penguinfrog.com

Super Moderator
    It is mutually beneficial. You took the time to clearly point out where there were problems which is very helpful.