A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Moving movie clips to main timeline

Moving movie clips to main timeline

Hello there,

I'm extremely new to flash and I only know the very basics. I have been going crazy for the past 3 hours trying to figure out how to do this, and no luck.

I have been asked to adapt a flash animation to 4 different sizes, and export them as gifs....no biggie, that I can do.

but now, when I export as a gif, there is an animation that is static. the animation is supposed to be spinning spotlights, when its exported they show up, but just stand there.

after looking into it, it turns out that the animation is happening inside the movie clip, and when exporting to a gif, it bypasses subanimations and only exports what's animated in the main timeline....

so my question is how could I move what's inside the movieclip to the maintime line? or if that's not possible, how could I export the gif so the lights actually animate?

thanks in advanced

yes if i remember correctly you go inside the movie clip then select all the frames in the time line (left click) copy them
    return to the main stage delete the movie clip then go to the first frame of the timeline and paste !

in other words you copy the frames inside the movie clip and paste them in the main stage !

Hey there. Thanks for your quick response. I did try that earlier and still no luck :/

the way it's nested is:

Layer 6> "lights" movie clip>"lights grid" movie clip

the actual animation takes place in the "lights grid" movie clip

in the "lights" movie clip, there are 6 different copies of the subanimation, there are no actual animations

I can take a look if you want !
    attach the fla make sure is a compatible with flash cs4 though