A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: NeuroPulse [WIP

Hybrid View

NeuroPulse [WIP

So in the spirit of hopefully getting back to a bit more regular checking up on this forum, I figured I'll share a game project me and a friend (both programmers) are working on, NeuroPulse!

http://themangomachine.tumblr.com/

It was a game idea I originally had about a year ago, and when we heard about Microsoft's Imagine Cup, we started development, and also refining our ideas for it.
    Right now we're undergoing a pretty big refactoring, and changing some of the core gameplay elements to feel smoother, and easier to change by the player.

I haven't found an easy way of explaining exactly what goes on in NeuroPulse, which might be a symptom of us not know what is going on either but we're getting close, and more and more things are being hammered out. We even started thinking of a really cool (imo) storyline for it, though we still have a ways to go before even getting near implementing that.

I'll try updating this thread as we have more developments concerning NeuroPulse, it's still very very early pre-alpha!
    From the little you guys know, it would be cool to hear what you guys think, or if you have any questions!

P.

ps: Music and sound fx are by me, graphics are generated, except for the texture, which I generated really quickly. Ogre3d is being used for the rendering, CEGUI as the GUI library, and the Anax Entity System for the entity system stuff we're using. (I've become an Entity System fanatic now...)
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

I'm not sure how to play it but there are some interesting things there with creating connections so i'd like to give it a try =)
    Also an interesting setup you have, what made you go for ogre3d?

To be honest, Ogre3d was just the first thing we picked up off the shelf. Neither of us had any experience making something like a game with C++ before this project, so we wanted an engine for the graphics at least instead of dealing with OpenGL ourselves at this point.
    Ogre3d is straight up just pure rendering, and so things like Irrlicht that have a more game engine touch to them were a bit of a turn off; we like doing our own work :P

I can hook you up with the version in that video!

P.
    WIP-ZOMBIES

I love vegetarians! More meat for the rest of us!

Saw your pm and replied to that now =) In summary could be made more intuitive on some ends but there's something interesting there and the pushy getting beating sound when one builds something is cool, too =)
    Regarding the engine: I see, cool =) Yeah, i'm usually less often doing engines on such closer to the metal ways these days, more often using more all in one packages like unity and pushing those with stuff they are not meant for =), so, nice to see other setups =)
    Are you intending to release the game on more platforms? If so what's the porting path then?

When you know are. Son of Bryce's Avatar
    It looks like there's a lot going on in the video but I'm clueless by just watching the video.

If you could make a video that walked through the steps of what was going on, that would be a million times more helpful to get people interested. It's a puzzle game right? Explain what the goal is, the challenges along the way, and show steps of how to get there.

I like the experimental nature of it.