A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Filter for a game in Flex

Filter for a game in Flex

Hi, I have a question regarding Flex.

Basically, I'm using Flex only because I found that it's the only way to embed a Pixel Bender filter to Flash (I discovered that by using the standard Flash way I need the pbj file at runtime when I uploaded it for testing at my site). I have a game already done, so the symbols and everything are in the .fla of the game and I have the main class and other classes in their respective .as files.

Basically what I want is to replace the part of the code that I already have for loading the filter, with something that can access to it in the "embedded" way. I've searched over and over and haven't found exactly what I'm looking for. I found that you can embed the filter using the [Embed] tag in Flex, such as in this tutorial. But they always use it to create something from scratch directly in Flex. I just need to somehow reference it in the existing code I already have. I don't ask for anything else.

Do you know if this is even something you can do? Or am I asking something dumb because I don't know a bit about Flex?

Any help will be GREATLY appreciated!
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations

actually you don't have to use flex sdk to embed stuff ) sure, its "[Embed(...)]" thing is handy, but that's far from the only way to embed data in your swf. check lines 71 to 73 here for example how to embed shader without it.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Man, really you don't know how much you've saved me tons of work!... and make the game look how I want. Didn't have a clue this was possible and didn't find anything about it in the web. Thanks to your example I ended up finding this useful tool that made me finally being able to integrate the filter. Thank you bunches forever!
    This is MC. His _parents sent him to stop() by the super market to buy some _root beer if he wanted to gotoAndPlay() with his friends at the park later.

This is my Blog!... The gaming Process
    Please check out my site: Giddel Creations