I've been working on my first game for weeks, and I'm almost done. Today I started adding sound when Flash basically crashed. I added background music, which seemed to work just fine. Next I tried adding a sound effect (a few seconds long), and coded it to be played every time an object was added to the inventory. I attempted to test it out, but the loader never progressed beyond the halfway point. I pressed cancel but nothing would happen. I pressed ctrl+s (don't know if it even saved it or not) and x-ed out the program, thinking it was just stuck or that the file for some reason was way too big with just that small addition. When I re-opened flash and tried to open my file (take1.fla), this happened...

error1.png

I press OK, and then this...

error2.png

I didn't move anything, so I guess it was importing this sound file? If it helps, the first time I imported it the file got corrupted, so I re-saved it with audacity and then it worked just fine. Never got to hear it in-game though.

Please, I don't want to lose countless hours of work stretched over a few months to be lost like this. Thanks in advance.