A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Trouble With Looping One Object And Stopping Another

Trouble With Looping One Object And Stopping Another

Hello

I am having abit of a problem with my current flash movie. Basically what I have is a background that I want to loop at a certain time. I put script at the end telling it that at the end

gotoAndPlay(168);

and it works but my problem is I have a logo that fades in and keeps looping which I do not want. I have the logo come in and I have tried several things to make it stop and to have the background keep moving.I've tried:

stop();

gotoAndStop();

if(currentFrame == 268)
    gotoAndStop(268);

I just cannot get the one to stop. The logo is meant to be a clickable object. Both the background and logo are MC that are set to loop and loop one for the logo but it doesn't seem to be doing anything at all. I have also tried graphics for both and still nothing. The code is set within both of the clips themselves not on the main timeline as that applied to everything.

If anyone could help me out I would really appreciate it at this point I am out of ideas and have read everything I can online.

thank you

Hi,

Maybe make a link to your fla file, www.filedropper.com is ok for quickies, then post your link.
    Without seeing the codes and or file it could be a multitude of things.

Toods

Here is a link to the .fla file. It's abit large right now but any help would be appreciated thanks

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/...3/EX_Intro.fla

Hi,

Essentially at the moment you have no movieclips, they are graphics, all the movie does is go back to the beginning when it gets to the end of the timeline.
    187mb, not bad.

Does it need to be Actionscript 3 ? its ok if it does.

Quote Originally Posted by fruitbeard View Post
    Hi,

Essentially at the moment you have no movieclips, they are graphics, all the movie does is go back to the beginning when it gets to the end of the timeline.
    187mb, not bad.

Does it need to be Actionscript 3 ? its ok if it does.
    I can't believe I missed something as simple as changing the background to a movie clip. I am not sure if it needs to be AC3 I have just always used it. Basically what is gonna happen now is that when the logo is clicked on it will play another small animated clip then link to a website. I have been looking at this for so long it was right there. I got it working now thanks for the help I really appreciate it.
    Last edited by Eight_C; 07-24-2013 at 03:05 PM.