A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Designing mock-up for prospects

Designing mock-up for prospects

Hi everyone My name is Harold I work for a mobile billboard company. It is a scrolling ad truck. I wanted to know how do i go about putting together a mock-up. that shows the ads scrolling on the truck. I give clients a mock-up. But i think sending it scrolling will really help me out. i posted a link from a similiar company that shows the scrolling effect im trying to get thanks!

http://www.streettribes.com/features...billboards.php

Using Motion Tween and Masking is all you need to achieving the effect. As for the 3D effect of the scrolling, if you have Flash CS4 or newer version, then there's a feature which lets you use 3D with Motion Tweening, so that should help, otherwise, you can also use Transforming Tool to add the 3D effect yourself
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

Designing mock-up for prospects

ok thanks for the advice I have a jpeg template that use with blank spots were the ads should go. when i have a prospect i put their sample ad in the space. I want to use this same template to do the motion effect. but i dont know how to hide the scrolling image i think it has to do with masking. though I do feel like im heading in the right direction. Thanks. I attached my template and a youtube video of where i stuck athttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AyGBWLBZH78. RED TUCK DISPLAY smaller.jpg

DOWNLOAD EXAMPLE HERE

Layer 2 is Masking layer, it's locked to enable the masking in the Flash environment, but if you unlock it, you can see that it's a rectangle as big as your white space. This makes the layer below it, Layer 3, in this case, to only show INSIDE that rectangle - this is masking.

Motion Tweening is used in Layer 3 to move the advertisement, but you can clearly see that it has no "perspective", it just flat slides straight down. To give it perspective, you need to have your ad's size or perspective changed in Photoshop or something.

Let me know if this helps

Wink

Wow thanks for the help. I'm trying to put it together now.

Question

I'm still having a ruff time with this. Is there any way you can post a step by step tutorial. Maybe a video. ( I hope i'm not being a pest)
    thanks again!

Here you go, but I apologize beforehand if you don't understand some parts of it, as I haven't really edited it quite well, and my computer also lagged a bit while recording this so you can notice that it takes some time for some things to load, but just bear with it, lol The first part quickly shows how the simple masking is done, and while I was recording, I decided I should just try the perspective change as well, which is done in Photoshop.

Wow thanks it is really helpful!!

I'm still struggling a bit. is there any way i can you send images for you to do one complete one for me? maybe we can barter something.

Sure, just send me the images and I'll do it

and sorry for the late reply, I was away on a trip

Wow thanks it is really helpful!The design are really difficult to find.Specially related to web site logo design.Thanks for the nice contribution.