A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: What is this game engine?

What is this game engine?

I recently 'invested' in this game: http://www.stickmangames247.com/game...kman-ride.html 200 bucks
    Soon after I realized that similar games, almost identical, started to pop up all around the Internet.
    It seems like it is some popular engine in question. What is it? Is 200 bucks ok price and how much time do you think a game like this one can be created.

I may be wrong, but I think it's Box2D, a physics engine, and I've seen games like that waaaay before this post, they have basically been popular for a long time. Also, 200 bucks???? That sounds like a rip off to me :/
    I am back, guys ... and finally 18 :P

BRING BACK THE OLD DESIGN!! OR AT LEAST FIX THE AS TAGS

I say 200 bucks are fine for coding alone, I mean who would even want to code it for under 200 bucks? School boys? On the other hand, I think this game needs another 1000 for better artist to re-do the art.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar
    I agree with nig 13 anyone with basic knowledge can code that for less than 200 bucks, atleast make the art hd to make it worth 200

Hi,

I agree with realMakc, it might be fine for a school boy to earn himself $50 for a quick game, however when you have a wife/girlfriend or you have rent/mortgage and bills to pay and maybe kids to feed then a reasonable amount of money is in order for some coding, I don't think anyone with basic knowledge can code that either, there's more under the hood than you realise. However that particular first game did not look so great in my eyes.

Here .. I've found another one, looks exactly the same - stickman on atv has been replaced with the batman truck (batman monster truck challenge) http://www.batmangamesonly.com/game/...challenge.html
    It's completely new background, but the movements are the same. I am not an expert but I think that it would take at least 2-3 days to polish everything and put new backgrounds and all the elements (obstacles and so on). That would be 200 bucks for few days of work which sounds not that much I guess. Maybe Chinese or Indian programmers code that. If one adopt and sell 5 games like this one a month that's 1000 bucks a month which is not bad if you take wages in those countries into account.

You got me curious so I opened both games and, what do you know, you were right:

They are indeed the same game, maybe with minor modifications. And the engine is, indeed, box2d (alchemy port of it). Unfortunately for you, the game is a bit more than the engine, so unless you have the source, you will not be able to make another game like this without paying the coder again.
    who is this? a word of friendly advice: FFS stop using AS2