Hey there forum users,

I'm preparing for another college year studying Interactive Media, which Flash design is a major part of. I want to try and prepare for the projects and assignments given to us by asking a few questions and getting to understand the Flash community a lot better and so I can represent said community more accurately in my work.

I know that this year we'll have to eventually produce some tutorial style videos in order to demonstrate our knowledge and skills with Flash software and techniques. With that in mind, could I kindly ask the forum to answer some questions for me so I can produce a video that is tailored to meet with what the community demands? I'd like to thank everyone who helps me out with this.

1. Why did you decide to learn Flash? Is there a specific reason?

2. In Flash, would you like to make games, applications or website graphics? etc. What do you want to make the most?

3. If you found a tutorial that teaches you how to code in Flash by showing you how to make something (like a game, app, web banner, etc.) what would you like the tutorial to teach how to make?

4. Are there any features you would like to learn how to make? for example, inventory systems in games, etc.

5. Would it encourage you to look at a tutorial if it taught you how to make something in both ActionScript 2.0 and 3.0? (to cover both beginner and more advanced skill levels).

6. Would it encourage you to look at a tutorial if it showed you how to use both older and modern Flash software (like Flash 8 and Flash Professional, for example)? What kind of software would you personally like to see a tutorial video to use?

7. What would you put in your perfect tutorial? for example, would you like to have things explained simply, or in a more technical way? Would you like short tutorials? what is your ideal length for a tutorial? what kind of things would keep you interested n the tutorial, etc.

Thanks again! All answers will be a big help.