In all of my AS2 and AS3 sites, the mailto: links work wonderfully in; Firefox, Safari, IE but not in Chrome. A regulare HTML mailto: will work in Chrome but not my AS2 or AS3 generated ones. In Chrome if the link is set to go to mailto:name@domain.com, Chrome then puts mailto:name@domain.com in the address bar and gives the message:

This webpage is not available
The webpage at mailto:name@domain.com might be temporarily down or it may have moved permanently to a new web address.
Error code: ERR_UNKNOWN_URL_SCHEME

If I refresh this page that is set to go to mailto:name@domain.com , then it works.

Example here: http://villagegreenstudios.com/view11/

The top "Email Button" is an AS3 coded Flash button.

The middle "Email Text" is a Flash generated text link.

The bottom "html email text" is HTML coded in the the index.html page itself.

All 3 work in all browsers except Chrome where only the bottom one works.

My computer has my Entourage set as the default email program. If I use the Chrome gmail plugin, the top 2 will work but then on FF and Safari the links try to open a Chrome window and this misses the point anyway as I want sites that I built for clients to have operable mailto: links in all browsers.

The Flash version in above version is 11.4 but even in older versions, including AS2 versions, they do the same thing. I have tried various versions of the code with no luck. If it helps, here is the code used the above "Email Button" version:

Code:
//email button//
function goemail(event:MouseEvent):void {
  navigateToURL(new URLRequest("mailto:name@domain.com"));
}
emailBtn.addEventListener(MouseEvent.CLICK,goemail);
In AS2 I simply use:

Code:
on (release) {
  getURL("mailto:curt@curtbyk.com");
}
Help?