A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: loadMovie Alternative

loadMovie Alternative

Hello,

I am looking for better way to load an external swf into multiple movieclips. Currently I am using loadMovie to load the external swf into each clip. What I'd like to do is load it into one movie clip and then load that clip into each clip. In this way I can reduce calls back tot he server and have the entire application load faster. Does anyone have an idea how I might do this?

Thanks!

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    You mean load the same swf into multiple movieclips, or load multiple swf's into movieclips containers?

I guess is the same process, the main swf has multiple movieclip containers, and it loads the 2nd swf into these containers. Then, the 2nd swf, loads the last swf. I have never tested loading multiple content but I guess it should work.
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Yes. There are a few ways to do it but I would load the swf into an empty movieclip and duplicate that clip once loaded.

If you need to, or want to load the same thing repeatedly, remember that swf's, like jpgs, get cached. So the user will only have to load the swf the first time. After that, flash will load the swf from the browser cache (very quickly).

If you can, avoid loading swfs alltogether. Just load xml, jpgs, videos, etc.