A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: CS5.5 Missing Scenes after Flash Crash

Angry CS5.5 Missing Scenes after Flash Crash

Hello,

I am running CS5.5 on a Win7 64 bit computer with 6G of memory. My problem started today when after being kicked out of Flash (again ). When I attempted to reopen my FLA, I received the message "Could not load scene into memory...". I did a bit of research and realized that the last couple of PSD files I imported must have an issue.

I could reopen the FLA and view all the assets in my library (PSDs, FLVs, FXGs, etc.), however, my scenes window was empty except for the default Scene 7 that Flash created for me when opening the file.

I have (had) 5 scenes completed and was working on the sixth when the problem(s) started. I have tried many different 'solutions' I have found on the net attempting to get my scenes back without any success. Does anyone know a solution to recover my missing scenes? This presentation is for a large company coming in on Thursday morning. I have been working on this for two weeks. I am ready to cry and throw-up all at the same time if I can't figure something out.

Thanks in advance for any help you may be able to provide.

Regards,

Gilley

Hi,

Library path issues I believe, perhaps you have moved things around, you should make copies thought too.

Try to manually import/update your images from the library.

Thanks for the response. I have a silly question...I have hundereds of files in my library. Is there a quick way to 'update' or check for broken links? Similar to the way InDesign handles file linking?

Thanks again for the response.

Gilley

Yes, you can click the triangle in the top right of library window and "Select Unused Items".