A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: [RESOLVED] Responsive HTML5 Site, wide screen issue with firefox

Hybrid View

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar

resolved [RESOLVED] Responsive HTML5 Site, wide screen issue with firefox

Hello. This is my first post in the HTML/CSS/Javascript section. I generally post in the Actionscript 2 section.

I am developing a responsive html5 + css site, using percents %, and it works fine in regular pc/laptop screens (800x600, 1024x768) But I noticed an issue in a wide screen, specifically with mozilla firefox browser. It works fine in chrome.

The issue is, firefox adds an horizontal scrollbar to the page, with no reason, because the site doesn't have any content beyond the browsers limits, and when you scroll right, there is a reasonable empty space. This only happen in firefox, in a wide screen, but in regular screens it works fine. http://www.bibliotecafdi.com/

Hope someone can point me in the right direction!
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

I removed the footer's <HR> ( the gray line separating the copyright with the other footer's content) and the scrollbar disappeared...so I realize that the issue was caused by the HR, but it's weird, because the HR is perfectly coded responsively with percents according to the footer's dimensions. So now I proceed to fix that, or find another way to create that line withouth the HR...
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Done!

I separated the <footer> into <sections>, and I put the HR in the bottom section and a <div align = "center"> and it got fixed, but I ended removing the HR , haha lol. But now I have a clear idea of what I have to do with issues like this. Hope this help someone!

Hey dare, html5 is easier to html 4, they make words shorter like <script> instead of< script language="........., and
    <audio></audio>, much easier than before.

Good thakes