Hello,

I 'm not sure if this is the right place to post about this, but I do like to learn from here and there, so here is my question:

I'm building my site with a server offering many capabilities among which the connection to mysql databases through its extensions which I only know how to code a little with AS 2.

I want to build a form or gueestbook that connects to one, but I can't make it insert data into it unless the INT value in the database is BIGINT if I want to have it autoincrement itself chronologically. My doubt is whether that is due to my client side in AS 2 or how I prepare the database.

In the client side, Flash I have this code to insert the values into the database:

Code:
function addRecord()
{
	var req:Object = {}

if (add_name_txt.text != "")
	{
		req.name 		= add_name_txt.text
		req.location 	= add_location_txt.text
		req.email 		= add_email_txt.text

// Clear textfields
		add_name_txt.text = add_location_txt.text = add_email_txt.text = ""

smartfox.sendXtMessage(extensionName, "addData", req, "xml")
	}
}
In the extension :

Code:
else if (cmd == "addData")
	{
		var id = getTimer()

var sql = "INSERT INTO contacts (id, name, location, email) VALUES ("
		sql += "'" + id + "', "
		sql += "'" + _server.escapeQuotes(params.name) + "', "
		sql += "'" + _server.escapeQuotes(params.location) + "', "
		sql += "'" + _server.escapeQuotes(params.email) + "')"

var success = dbase.executeCommand(sql)
		{
			var response 		= {}
			response._cmd		= "addData"
			response.id 		= id
			response.name 		= params.name
			response.location 	= params.location
			response.email 		= params.email

_server.sendResponse(response, -1, null, [user])
		}
	}
In the database the Id row is BIGINT (20) and the rest of the fiels are varchar 255. If I try to make it INT(11) and autoincrement on, nothing is added to the database.

I still haven't tried getting rid off the getTimer variable and changing the database again, could that be it? Whenever I look into the id values are very large, like this one: 1382786279642