A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: How can I make the <Instance name> the same as the name of the Movie clip in an anima

How can I make the <Instance name> the same as the name of the Movie clip in an anima

Hi, I am an animator for a small game project and I have this really big problem. Even though I used flash for animation for a long time I am a newbie when it comes to something technical. I just received a request to make every movie clip that I use to have a consistent <Instance name> in every frame of the animation. Only if they told me this earlier... Is there an easier way to make the <Instance name> the same as the name of the Movie clip used other than manually entering it. I have 16 characters with 12 body parts with 20 animations each with about 6-7 frames for each body part it will take me months and nightmares evey night to enter everything by hand. Please help me keep my sanity!

I'm not sure if I explain correctly, so here is a picture:
    Instance.jpg

Thank you!

I am sorry-
    There isn't a quick way to pull movieclip name into the instance name. A developer would only need to have an instance name if he is going to change it with code. I would clarify with your requester what needs to be done exactly. This is a time expensive lesson to learn.

It is good practice to give everything an instance name before you add keyframes, this way each new keyframe will remember the previous instance name.