A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: should i use flash for this tv ad project?

should i use flash for this tv ad project?

hello. i am considering using flash cs6 to build a series of animated (and hopefully entertaining) ads for a bar's TV system. the owners would also like some video they have inserted as well. i envision using a low cost laptop to run the finished 60 minute swf (in a loop) fullscreen, with a news/sports crawler on the bottom of the screen (no connection to the flash swf), and a custom text scroller on the top (again, no connection to the flash swf). Then, run HDMI cable into a splitter, then HDMI to 4 TV's 20-50 ft. sound is not needed.

is flash the best tool for this idea? flash animation is so smooth on my laptop and the file size so small for what you get, but would it still be as great looking on a 50" HDTV through this kind of wiring? i'd really appreciate your input.

berbes

Quote Originally Posted by berbes View Post
    hello. i am considering using flash cs6 to build a series of animated (and hopefully entertaining) ads for a bar's TV system. the owners would also like some video they have inserted as well. i envision using a low cost laptop to run the finished 60 minute swf (in a loop) fullscreen, with a news/sports crawler on the bottom of the screen (no connection to the flash swf), and a custom text scroller on the top (again, no connection to the flash swf). Then, run HDMI cable into a splitter, then HDMI to 4 TV's 20-50 ft. sound is not needed.

is flash the best tool for this idea? flash animation is so smooth on my laptop and the file size so small for what you get, but would it still be as great looking on a 50" HDTV through this kind of wiring? i'd really appreciate your input.

berbes
    did i ask this in the wrong forum or is it not clear enough?

If I am understanding your question, I don't think Flash is the right tool for this. A 60 minute swf is very long.

You could create a single frame SWF with a video player (similar to cbs.com) where you have video playing inside the flash state, and then you create some flash ads that load at points over the video player.
    In my opinion to run a looping 60 minute swf, may be too much for flash to handle well.