A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Cut-it : A New relaxing Puzzle Game made using NAPE engine

Cool Cut-it : A New relaxing Puzzle Game made using NAPE engine

Hi guys,

Introducing my new game which makes use of the NAPE physics engine, developed using FlashDevelop. Cut-it is a physics puzzle game.
    About the game this below image says better.

Play it on Kongregate

I'll run some tutorials on my site (monsterbraininc.com) on how i made this game, so that it may help you guys, as i've learned from other guys.

Till then ,Enjoy.

mentally unstable member smayer72's Avatar
    Wow. Great use of Nape. Love the cutting effect. Would love to know how that is done. Looking forward to the tutorials. Awesome job mate. Hope you plan to go mobile with it. Congrats.
    Scott (Australia)

Sarcasm, chaos and disorder. My work here is done!

**Mark you threads as [RESOLVED] please.**

Smile Thanks a lot Smayer

Quote Originally Posted by smayer72 View Post
    Wow. Great use of Nape. Love the cutting effect. Would love to know how that is done. Looking forward to the tutorials. Awesome job mate. Hope you plan to go mobile with it. Congrats.
    I'm really glad that you liked the game. And yes for sure, i'll be posting a "Making of Cut-it" (& other games) in my blog monsterbraininc.com. THere isn't much tutorial available for Nape, i guess. And for your last guess, yes ... But i'm trying to implement using Starling framework for better Performance ... (Current game is using the flash Graphics API only)... Thanks a again

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    I love this game. I can't stop playing ittttttt!

Actually i was thinking time ago about developing a game about "cutting" things off...but i knew too little of as3...
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

If you are heading the Starling route I would definitely recommend using Citrus Engine. Contains both Starling and Nape libraries, among others.
    www.citrusengine.com
    Scott (Australia)

hello its awesome game ! can you link us engine from which you create this game?

As the post states. It is done with NAPE, which is basically just a physics library. You can find it here. http://napephys.com/index.html

If you are after a complete engine check out my previous post. Citrus pretty much has everything you need(NAPE included) and has an active support community, including the main developer.
    Scott (Australia)

Quote Originally Posted by wilosani View Post
    hello its awesome game ! can you link us engine from which you create this game?
    Except from the NAPE physics engine everything is done with pure AS3(Flash). That's why i can't get enough performance out of visual stuff. I'm currently creating a STARLING version (for mobile devices & PC HD gaming , i hope) along with a level Editor too. Keep watching

My knowledge of NAPE is not that good. Is the tutorial out yet? Dude, is this game already available on IOS, Android and other mobile platforms? Looks good and brain-stimulating to play.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by speedofdark43 View Post
    My knowledge of NAPE is not that good. Is the tutorial out yet? Dude, is this game already available on IOS, Android and other mobile platforms? Looks good and brain-stimulating to play.
    Thanks for the feedback and glad you liked it. I've started a Behind Development of the Cut-it series in my site Monster Brain Inc Blog. Check it out if you want to know how the game is made.

And yes, i'm currently developing an Android Version of a sequel with some other modes. No plan for IOS yet. A demo will be coming soon. Follow the game at : Cut-it Facebook Page

I checked the game trailer in Flash version and it's somewhat a little similar to the Cut the Rope game. Can you please provide the link how the Cut It was made?

Thanks ...

Quote Originally Posted by speedofdark43 View Post
    I checked the game trailer in Flash version and it's somewhat a little similar to the Cut the Rope game. Can you please provide the link how the Cut It was made?
    Here it is : Its currently just started , with only 2 parts , more parts incoming ...How Cut it is Made

Thanks man, I'll check that out. The game looks good, you guys must have got the inspiration from Physics stuff to create this game.