A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Android future jellybean, kitkat

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

Android future jellybean, kitkat

Hi, does anyone know if i made an as2 flash game and put it in an apk file some how and sold it on the android market for lets say a dollar, would everyone that downloads the apk from the play store be able to play it regardless of it being flash since its in an apk anyways

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Nope. You need to use AS3 to make an .apk :P

And yes, everyone can play it. I have tested my .apk apps and works perfectly. I only need to pay the $25 fee to submit my apps to the play store. But for now, I have the apps on my site, and people download it from there, and install them (they must change the security settings to allow "Application Installing from Unknown Sources"
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

sweet

Quote Originally Posted by angelhdz View Post
    Nope. You need to use AS3 to make an .apk :P

And yes, everyone can play it. I have tested my .apk apps and works perfectly. I only need to pay the $25 fee to submit my apps to the play store. But for now, I have the apps on my site, and people download it from there, and install them (they must change the security settings to allow "Application Installing from Unknown Sources"
    Lets collaborate on a android rpg game thats multiplayer and we can make money off it I dont know much as3 but i know alot of as2 so it should be easy I recently ordered a lenovo a850 has a quadcore processor so I wanted to start making games.

As long as you're coding properly using bitmaps (which you have to do for game coding), you can make one game (one code) that will work on every device with Flash - ios, windows, desktop, phone, tablet.

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    Yeah moot. Agree.

That's very important, making the game's graphics bitmaps, or cache your vectors movieclips as bitmap, so the game doesn't run slow.
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries