A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: Hi long time no see (WEBSITE MAKING)

Client Software Programmer AS3.0's Avatar

Hi long time no see (WEBSITE MAKING)

Hi, my mom needes me to make her a website to sell make up products I want it to be cool/ bloggy style everything will be done in house so any helpful code blocks or links to making a flash site will be helpful, im hoping to have an easy gui for the owner (my mom) to easily add new stuff to the site without having to ask me to update a flash file for her, im hoping to only use php, xml, text files, and swf any info or mini tutorials are appreciated from you guys thanks.

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    c'mon, i know you can do it!

You can just have a text file with variables, telling the flash how many section it should add, variables for the names of the sections, and variables for the sections dynamic texlfields text information to be added. Then with a for loop, you can create these sections (attached movieclips) and for example the variable "i" is being increased ( i++; ) to save record of how many sections are being created. I know this will sound "foggy" or confusing but I think i can guide you through
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

So you mom only have to edit the text file like menus sizes, colors, fonts, and the images named like "Menu1.image1.jpg, Menu1.image2.jpg" etc...
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Tomorrow I will make a basic example, with simple functions like importing text and images externally, and editing the variables text file to add the sections.

Now for the "selling" thing... i only know how to adds products , info and prices $ and quantities, but not a "shopping cart" engine to buy the items and stuff.

If I see any Fruitbeard reply to this post, i'm out of here, because he is selective about who he helps and how, based in the fact of "if this post will be the oportunity for him to be noticed". With me he was like "take this tutorial and do it yourself and decompile it" but i've seen that with others, he literally "makes" the whole thing xD

So, i want to help you with this, with one condition... i don't want to lose my time, so if I start developing an example for you, and there he suddenly appears with a lot of .fla's and scripts and crap, then i'm out, and I leave you to his will (lol).

take care Isometric Bacon

Hi,

Welcomed return bacon

Angel, it's all yours, seeing as you don't want my crap, and fla's and all that stuff, and tutorials which oddly enough bacon asked for in his first post.

How did I point you towards tutorials and decompiling recently, or ever.( reference to depth issues, zakillar)?? are you posting as somebody else when you feel stupid about asking questions.

I'm not selective about who I help, I would prefer people to understand a little about what they are doing so they can do it again themselves without help.

I'm not sure why you feel threatened by me, but it's probably more your own insecurities than anything else.

Good luck with your quest Bacon, I hope you can possibly learn something from Angels inferior codes and practices.

Lol

But I say again, it's over you to you Angel , I was never going to join in anyway

I knew it, "arrogance" -_-

Anyway, i don't feel treatened by you, in any way at all, or inferior to you Fruitbeard. It just don't feel right to me trying to help someone, with my "inferior codes and practices", (whatever, is not your business, everybody is here to learn, and I've learned a lot since the first time I signed up this forum, until now) and then suddenly other appears with his solutions, knowing that there's someone already helping, and then all the effort is in vain, creating like a kind of "competition". You see a new post and you hurry up to boast about "all you know", ignoring if there is someone already trying to help. Anyway, whatever, i don't care, i am here to learn and to help, if you are here to compete, that's your problem. I only wanted to be sure, if my friend Alloy Bacon, wanted my help.

I think the best teacher is that one who teach, and then let his students put in practice what they had learned, and congrats them, and "props", not that one who boast about how much he knows and how much he has taught, and "bully" them when their codes have flaws.

It's obvious you don't like me at all

Alloy: If you still want my help, inbox me, otherwise, there is your friend "all-knowing" fruitbeard lol

And sorry for my bad english, i'm from Puerto Rico, happy new year every one!

Hi,

Not sure why you brought me into the equation in the first place? Threatened perhaps? insecure about your own answers perhaps? who knows.

I'm not competing with you, no need!! My code is not the best or the most accurate either, I know this!!
    Bullying! telling somebody about flaws in their code is a learning curve!!

You did not need to bring me into this Angel!! but you did!!

Happy new year, sorry for my lack in knowledge of Puerto Rican Spanish

Hahahh this is a comedy. You are asking me why I brought you into the equation? You are the one who bring yourself in the equation hahah in every post possible haha...

Someone makes a new thread, i post a solution, then you appear, ignoring what i post, not even quoting or contributing to what I posted, getting all the attention to you. And I repeat, im not jealous, not even feeling treatened, simply is not right. I'm not forcing you to talk to me, but at least, for the sake of "politeness", you should say why what I posted is not worth but what you posted is. I have already helped a few people, so not always my codes are useless.

Anyway, do you know what? Forget about all, i will act as you don't exist, y lo dejamos hasta aquÃ*, lol

It's sad that a lot of times I've said that i've learned a lot from you, that you are my master and bla bla bla, but in every opportunity you have, you make me feel like i don't deserve to learn, to help others, to be cheered for what i've learned this far.... i don't know if its you, or if its me being depressed, i think i needed a friend. Anyway sorry for everything i won't say anything more.

Damn did this turn into a social forum while I was gone or something I just need examples and the best coder for websites is fruitbeard if i remember correctly, I rather not choose who helps me but you guys seem to be limiting this post to only 1 person helping me out

Lol... the reason about my posts, is because I don't want to spent my time, making samples and tutorials for you (because i'm not as advanced as fruitbeard is, so it takes more time for me to make it) and then when I'm almost finishing my samples, then he come up with "everything already made" and .zip files and .fla's and stuff. So if you need it faster, then he is your option. If he's NOT gonna help you, then let me know, and I take my time to be sure you have your website made.

take care

Hey Allow, i have internet now, i will be connecting to Skype, so if you are online can help you with your proyect!

If you're really trying to get your mom's site up and working, use a site builder like 1and1.com or something. You can have the site up and working for a fraction of the cost and time to build yourself and it will continue to run. If you build it yourself, you're going to be constantly maintaining. Even if you decide to build it yourself, get a prebuilt site first to figure out exactly what you want in the site. Adding and removing features on a prebuilt is instant. Building a features is far from instant.

If you're making the site to learn how to make a site, keep the front end separate from the back end. They are separate in code and in companies.

Use XML. It's the standard. You have to know it. Use form posts and responses in xml to send data to and from the backend so your Flash app acts like a regular web page.
    Last edited by moot; 01-05-2014 at 01:01 PM.

Like my original post I said I want everything to be done in house (home made) because it can be used for future purposes, time isnt a problem you guys are getting off topic I just wanted mini snipets of code for different things I can add to my website

Wise and great words from my friend Moot ^_^

That's it basically Alloy, there you go the key . I started learning about XML today, and it's very easyyyy...

Well...tell us what you wish to make first!!!

ok I guess the best thing to do is to start out with a login/register page that stores the users data so ill be working on that and ill let you know, try to help me out angel