A Flash Developer Resource Site

Thread: I'm looking for an answer to a question about the change over from AIR 3.4 to 3.5 ---

I'm looking for an answer to a question about the change over from AIR 3.4 to 3.5 ---

Hi there,

Can anybody give me an answer or idea to why AIR Application with HTML browser windows are not working any longer the way their where when version 3.5 gets Installed? I have no idea and absolutely cant find anything on the net about that problem or IF it was problem at all or if it was attended too or solved in later AIR updates like 3.6 or 3.7 ???

I have a quiet complex set of FLEX 3.5 AIR Applications written in FLEX Builder 4.1 which stopped working when I Installed 3.5 at a time it was released, but with time passing I would like if possible address this problem IF I ONLY would know where the problem could lie!

Any help would be appreciated in advance! regards aktell

Designer, Programmer, Musician angelhdz's Avatar
    I don't know if this is the case, but there are scripts and options in AS3 , that air doesn't support, like having a stage placed movieclip "no-visible" manually... i don't know what else can be :/
    Already mastering AS3. It was so fun. Now into Javascript and PHP and all its libraries

Well, it seems that there was a problem as I Installed the 3.5 version on one of my Servers and it as mentioned did not work at all yet as I did Install the latest version assuming that is 3.7 it worked on a Windows 7 computer without fail!
    So thanks now I can update all of them where needed and pass that on to people which run this software for me as well! regards aktell

Just found out that AIR is already on 3.9 as by today January 07, 2014 !!!
    Last edited by aktell; 01-06-2014 at 07:37 PM.